From IFCA website
No Bass may be weighed in at any FBAS competition whilst this regulation is in force
Recreational Fishermen Shore and Boat
- Any sea bass caught must be released.It is not permitted to retain any sea bass during 2018.
- The taking of any sea bass is prohibited between 1 February and 31 March 2018 (inclusive) in any fishery.
- Targeted commercial shore fisheries are prohibited.
- Commercial trawl fisheries permitted 1% by-catch of sea bass per day up to a maximum of 100 Kg per month.
- Static gear fisheries permitted a maximum by-catch of 1200 Kg of sea bass per annum.
- Commercial ‘hook and line’ fisheries are permitted a maximum catch of 5,000 Kg per annum.
For more information please contact the Authority or your local Marine Management Organisation office or go to – https://www.gov.uk/government/news/guidance-on-2018-bass-fishing-published